Sunday, June 21, 2009

So thankful for our little chica!


This was the moment she was handed to us.....she was obviously still sick. But, I never had to say "goodbye" again. Look at her sweet face. THANK YOU LORD!!


How could you not love this little diva.....she didn't like to sleep but we didn't care!! It is also funny seeing her with no hair! :-)

......our little girl was brought from the hospital to the hotel and put in our arms for FOREVER!! I didn't have to leave her again. It is so hard to believe that it has been a year. Chris and I were so afraid of being good parents.....of making sure we were giving her the right medicine....basically, we didn't sleep at all. We had no idea what was in store for us over the next few months of me living in Antigua....but we would do it all again!! We love our little girl so much. She is such a delight.....so funny.....so kind. Last night I read through all of the comments from last year....and was blown away. Thank you all for your prayers and support! We are praying for ALL of the 900 children that are still in Guatemala right now waiting to come home. What courageous parents you all are!!! HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!!

Love y'all,
Lindsey

13 comments:

Arena Mom said...

Happy Father's Day and Happy Anniv!!!!! She is such a sweetie!!

nikki said...

Wonderful post. Look how little she was!!!

Anna said...

Ohh I remember those photos of Eliana and can't believe its been a year already!!!

Its SO wonderful to see how settled, happy and healthy Eliana is now with you both...praise God!!!

Take care and God Bless,
Anna

Steph said...

What a special day! I can't believe it has already been a year, too! Didn't it seem like time stood still while you were waiting for her to come home? And, now, time is going by waaaay too fast!!

Amanda said...

Lindsey,
I don't know if you remember that this time last year you called me on the phone and simply said "Pray...Eliana is so sick, we are headed to Guate." Enough said!!! I remember the sleepless nights that I had praying for the three of you. It is such a blessing to have had such a little part in this journey you guys have been on. I will always remember our chats through this past year and a half...has it really only been a year and a half that I have known the Wheelers?!?!?!?

I love you guys so much!!!

Cheri said...

Lindsey...I was glued to the computer last year waiting for posts from you. I can't wrap my head around the fact it's been a year. WOW! Seems like 6 months or so. So happy she's home safely and you are all settled in. God bless, Cheri

~Isabel said...

I can't believe that it's been a year, either...i'm so glad that little Eliana is home with you and Chris. I remember your posts from that time so well....

Happy Father's Day, Chris!

Reba said...

Eliana has grown so much! I remember lots of prayers going out so that you could be home together. Now here you are. She is precious...enjoy the time. It really does go quickly!

Mama Bear said...

She is amazing and definitely with the parents she was meant to be with. Happy Father's Day my friends. Blessings, Rhonda

Lisa said...

Wow! I can't believe it has been a year. It's always like that I guess. When you are waiting, it feels like it will never happen. Once it does, you look back and time has flown. Congratulations on your new beautiful family. I know that you all are wonderful parents!
Lisa Prather

Mary Helen Wheeler said...

We are so hungry to have time to play
with her! We don't want to miss any
of her stages as she is learning and
growing.

We can't wait until our next Skype visit!

Love, Mary Helen and John

Kay Daniels said...

You have been such amazing parents for that precious little girl!! I can't believe it has been a year. And I can't believe how much she has grown.....but she is still that little mischievous chica....and I love her so much!!

Debbie said...

Congratulations on your gotcha day!! They are so special to remember!!

Debbie