Saturday, February 14, 2009

Our first Valentine's Day with Eliana......


Today was so much fun!! Our day started with heart-shaped pancakes.....and Chris surprised Eliana (and me) with decorations and gifts for sweet girl!! He is an AMAZING daddy!!



The second Eliana unwrapped her gifts....I screamed. Chris got her a singing hamster....that sings "it's raining men". I'm not sure if I told y'all or not....but she got a singing squirrel for Christmas that has almost driven me insane. It was her favorite Christmas gift. Now, I have double the pain with two singing animals.


Isn't it kind of frightening....it's hair looks like Eliana's hair!!


She now plays them both at the same time.....so "I'm Getting Nothing for Christmas" and "It's Raining Men" plays non-stop. Polly the Pomeranian was scared to death.


She is BEAUTIFUL!!! We both looked at each other today and said is it possible for her to keep getting cuter and cuter. Her personality is hilarious!! (Deanna, her shirt finally fits almost a year later!)



I love her ponytails!!


This is what she is doing pretty much all day.....RUNNING!!! She now does a funny thing where she tries to tackle us. She runs super fast and hits our legs.


This child has NO FEAR.....it is scary. There are moms at the park helping their 2 and 3 year old kids across the bouncy bridge.....and she goes flying past them at full-speed!!


She wants to do everything by herself.....Miss Independent!


We love this girl!! We could not imagine a better Valentine's Day gift than her. Thank you Lord for our sweet girl. We love you all so much.....and hope you had a great day with your families.

Love,
Lindsey

22 comments:

Amy Clemons said...

Oh My!!!! We have the same squirrel. She loves it so much that we didn't have the heart to pack it up with the Christmas decorations. Too Funny!!!

You're right Eliana is adorable and gets cuter every day. I have followed your blog since she was tiny and thought she was beautiful then. She's gonna break lots of hearts....if her daddy ever lets her date. Ha Ha! ;0)

Corby and Lauren said...

She looks SO old in those pictures!!!! Corby and I really can't believe it.... I feel like we just saw her! I'm going to need her to stop growing until the next time I see her. And should she come visit us, I will also need the romancin' hamster to stay in Nashville, please.

Reba said...

That is kind of funny...their hair is very similar. :) Have fun with that gift. Sounds like you had a special day! Enjoy...it really does go by far too quickly (though the 2's make you wonder...)

The Heinrichs said...

What a sweet day!!! I completely forgot about that shirt! I got Auri one too and bet it finally fits her now too! I love the pigtails!!! Miss you guys! Lets skype soon....well in a week or so...we have so much going on this week...I can't wait for some down time!!!

Barbie said...

Her gift from her daddy just cracks me up! Gotta love it even if it drives you crazy. :-)

She does get more and more beautiful if that is even possible. Aren't these amazing gifts from God amazing?!!

Happy Valentines Day!!

Kelsey Lantz said...

Ok I can't get over how much older she looks just since we were there! What the heck?!?!?! and she does just keep getting cuter and cuter ahh I can't wait to see you again

Loraena Tuttle said...

Must be something about Elianas! Our Eliana is a fearless Miss Independent too!

Kathi said...

I can't believe how big she's getting. The hampster and squirrel crack me up

Anna said...

Eliana is so gorgeous and she is definitely growing up when I look at her photos.

Glad things are going well and hope you have/had (not sure with time zones whether its been or still is for you:) a happy Valentines day.

God Bless,
Anna

Laurie said...

OK I had to laugh out loud at that squirrel! I can't believe how big Eliana is getting. She definitely looks like an independent big girl that knows what she wants! :)

Ashton said...

Eliana is adorable! Her shirt is so cute! Her Daddy does rock! :)

Bobbi said...

HA!! Reese is obsessed with those singing toys!! Eventually you tune them out

The McBs said...

hilarious....love it, love ya'll! She is getting too cute. I have to say the growth has been bringing it on since being home! good job! she looks like a toddler now...growing up too fast!

Amanda said...

You have the cutest little girl in the whole world!!! I absolutely love the pigtails. I so cannot wait to see you guys again...how about tomorrow?!? Ok, maybe not but I do need a Wheeler fix!!!!!

Kim & Dave said...

Beautiful!

McMurrays said...

Love the shirt. . and her personality shines through in every pic! What a blast. . our Miss Lucia is on the go to all the time more than my twin boys ever were:) Thanks for a fun Valentines post I loved it!
The McMurrays

Mama Bear said...

What a great day with such fun celebration. She is so gorgeous. Glad you had a great time :-)

Debbie said...

She is getting prettier and prettier every day!!! I'm glad you all had a super day!!

Debbie

Suzanne said...

you've been tagged, check out my blog

Robyn said...

What a fun day!! Eliana is beautiful!!

Mary Ann said...

I love Elaina in her little T shirt and jeans that is toooo cute!

Rachel said...

Lindsey...
She is soooo precious. Isn't God amazing!

BTW...you called my number a couple weeks ago on accident I think. I got a voicemail about 3 minutes long and it sounded like you were in the car talking to someone in the car with you. You must not have realized you dialed my number.