Sunday, January 27, 2008

Lord, Have Mercy!

"Even in laughter the heart may ache, and the end of joy may be grief." Proverbs 14:13

This post has been a few days coming. I am amazed at how painful things are this side of heaven. I wanted to make you all aware of a few families that are in desperate need of comfort and hope right now! The thing I keep learning the older I get is that we are not here on earth to live a safe, easy life......it is hard, wonderful, & painful all mixed in together. This weekend my heart has been so heavy...there have been a few moments of weeping. Adoption is just hard. This weekend I felt like crawling under the covers and just saying "ENOUGH"....."I can't take it anymore."

Please join me in praying for these precious families!!!!!

kristenborland.blogspot.com .....Kristen, I am amazed by your strength! You are such an example of unconditional love. You loved sweet Amanda with all of your heart...you spoke out about her Down Syndrome....you worked to get her an amazing foster family. Thank you for risking...I am praying for the months to come. Lord, give the Borland family strength and comfort during these dark days.

adoptingariana.blogspot.com.....Will and Aileen, the moment I found your blog, I fell in love with your precious Ariana's smile. I am so sorry that she is gone. I can't imagine how painful it is to lose her so suddenly. I am praying for you and your nephews as you grieve her sweet little life. Lord, bring comfort please!

whatawonderfulworld-family.blogspot.com....I was introduced to this blog recently. Stephanie, I am praying for you as you grieve the loss of your sweet boy Samuel. Lord, please bring hope when all hope seems lost. Give them community to surround them with love.

cold-water-news.blogspot.com
.....a blog dedicated to an AMAZING woman....Amber Mathenia. She is a mom of two precious kiddos from Ethiopia. Her and her husband have been serving in Ethiopia....she was killed in a tragic car accident. PLEASE pray for this family. Pray for her husband as he grieves the loss of his life partner while parenting two young children. God, give them grace and mercy right now!


Thank you for praying! Lord, I need you desperately. I can't do this without you.

Love you all,
Lindsey

9 comments:

Erin said...

oh, Lindsey! I just finished reading those blogs. What a horrible week in the world of your friends. I'm praying, praying, praying -- for them and for you!

Anonymous said...

Praying for you all.

Stephanie
Proverbs 30:5

Bobbi said...

The world is so full of sadness.

You, and all of these families are in my prayers and thoughts.

MeLaNiE said...

Praying for all!

April said...

Praying for you and your friends...Sometimes it seems too hard this side of heaven doesn't it, but in our weakness He is strong, and through our 2nd adoption, that is what I have leaned on..I pray for your friends that are going through such a difficult time that Jesus will wrap His arms around them in their weakness they will find Him right there beside them..

gracie :) said...

I understand the tears. I, too, said over the weekend, "I don't know if I can keep doing this!" My once "put together" heart seems to be melting all over the place. And to read what these others are going through as well is just a reminder that there is so much pain in this world...it is not exclusive to me. It makes me begin to appreciate the phrase I have heard all my life..."Even so, come quickly Lord Jesus!"

Kristen Borland said...

lindsey, thank you so much! i'm praying for you guys as well.

God is still so good!

Mackenzie's Forever Family said...

You're right adoption is hard and no matter how much faith you have your heart will still be weary. But you have the right to feel every emotion that you feel. I remember feeling like I wanted to give up because it was just so painful to have my child so far away, but rest assured the joy of getting out of PGN and finally bringing them home FAR outweighs anything you're feeling now. My prayers are with you, as well as, the families you have mentioned.

Megan

Family by Love said...

I just found your blog today (March 9th). I've been reading through some of your posts to try to catch a glimpse of where you are in your adoption process. My husband and I are hopefully nearing the end of our 2nd adoption. Our daughter was adopted domestically and we are waiting on our son to come home from Haiti. (We also have two biological sons.) Adoption is VERY hard. We were introduced to our Michael via his referral when he was 6 months old. My husband and I met him when he was 11 months old. And now he is 2.5 years old. We have been waiting for 25 months to bring him home. I will pray for you and your family as I pray for our adoption and several of our friends adoptions. Hang in there. God is Awesome and He is in control.