Monday, January 19, 2009

A sick girl and a worn out momma

Please pray for Eliana....and for Lindsey.
Lindsey and Eliana went to Dallas this weekend for Lauren's baby shower (which was a blast I've been told). They were supposed to fly home tonight but Eliana is too sick to fly. We pushed their flight back to tomorrow, but tonight the doctor said there's no way she could fly tomorrow either. So the plan now is for them to fly home on Wednesday.

The doctor believes it's pneumonia again (which she had over Christmas) plus a bacterial infection. She's been throwing up through out the day all day long. She's had an antibiotic shot and is sleeping right now. The doctor in Dallas wants to see her again tomorrow to check on her progress. (If she starts throwing up again they're supposed to go to an E.R.) Her little body is just really worn out.

Pray that she's able to keep fluids down and that the antibiotics work. Pray for REST for my girls.

I can't tell you how PROUD I am of my wife! Linds is such a warrior for our little girl. She knows what it is to fight for Eliana and once again she's been such a hero! In a tiny way I feel some of what I felt back when they were in Guatemala and Eliana was sick. Acutely aware of how powerless I am to change situations and at the same time of how dependent we always are upon God's sweet mercy. (I know God's in control and that He is good, and at the same time I hate that this craziness always seems to happen when I'm far from them.)

Thanks to all of you in our blogging community for always being out there for us!
Thank you for your prayers...

Grace and Peace
Chris

P.S. Thank you so much Lauren and Corby for taking good care of my girls!

12 comments:

KrisJ said...

poor sick baby. I sure hope she gets better ASAP

Vanessa said...

Praying for both of them!! Being sick is no fun and is even worse when you're away from home!!

Jami said...

Oh your poor girls. That picture of Eliana makes me so sad for your sweet little girl.

I am praying for you all!

Bobbi said...

That poor baby, and mama!! Praying they get home safely soon, and she is on the mend very soon

Kelsey Lantz said...

oh sweet girls that just brings back so many awful memories of all nighters listening to that sweet little thing fight off sickness. I'll be praying
Lord please give both these amazing girls strength and please heal little Eliana's body

Pineapple Princess said...

Praying for your girls!!

Amanda said...

I'm definitely praying for healing... and strenth, and rest.

Lisa said...

I pray for healing and for the girls to be able to come home soon. You are being a great daddy and husband just by getting on and sharing with us so we can pray! Thank you for sharing!

The Heinrichs said...

I am praying for sweet Eliana...as well as for you Chris and Lindsey. Eliana ---I just want you to get better soon and never get sick again! You have had your fair share sickness...praying praying and praying some more that you get well soon!!!!
Love you all!

Susie said...

Chris and Lindsey, I have healing scriptures I am praying over Eliana. With you in spirit, Susie

Sarah said...

Prayers for your sweet beautiful girl. I am glad she is in the ER and the doctors can watch her closely so she can get better very soon. Bless her heart!

Greg and Felicia Huff said...

We're praying for your little one (and Lindsey too).

The Huffs...