Sunday, February 17, 2008

American Idol.....and the Wheelers!


The Latest Buzz About GOG

CHRIS SLIGH ANNOUNCED AS GIRLS OF GRACE NATION SURPRISE GUEST 2008!!

Chris Sligh (American Idol season 6) has just been announced as the surprise guest for the Girls of Grace Nation conference this year at White's Chapel United Methodist Church in Southake, Texas. The event will be held on Saturday, February 23, 2008 and there are still tickets available! To purchase your tickets now, follow this link: http://www.girlsofgrace.com/word/word.asp

___________________

Something that you probably don't know about me is I love reality t.v. (I realize that some of you won't like me anymore)....but I do!! I loved Chris on American Idol...but unfortunately he was kicked off. I can't wait to meet him. Chris and I love getting pictures with "stars"....I'll have to tell you some funny stories sometime. So, there you have it....my sister just called to tell me about this and I had to tell y'all about it (we didn't even know)! Last year when Chris was speaking at Girls of Grace we met Kayne from Project Runway. I ran up and gave him a big hug (I know, awkward).

Hope y'all have a great week!! Be praying for Chris (Wheeler) as he prepares for his talks. Also, we celebrate our 4 year anniversary on the 21st....YEAH! We have a fun week ahead....I can't wait.

Love,
Lindsey

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

He's been to fellowship a time or two.... he's doing some writing with a member of our body who is in the music industry. I think he and his family actually live in Nashville now!! GOG just got more exciting with the TWO Chris's!
Melissa (McCall)

Gail said...

I love reality tv too but have never watched American Idol. Hope you get your picture with Chris.
Gail

Anonymous said...

He looks like Hurley - if he was on the island for several years and "lost" several hundred pounds. It must be the hair.

Anyway, Have fun!

Susie said...

Lindsey, what a joy to meet another believer in Christ! Love your blog, i see my friend Gail..Auntie G is watching your journey as well. Your baby girl is precious and I am excited to continue to watch the amazing things the lord does in you and through you. Blessings Lindsey, Susie, Bella's Mommy

jajbs said...

I LOVED him, too! Jeff and I are BIG American Idol fans! It will be great to meet him! Happy eraly Anniversary!!!


amanda

~Laura~ said...

I LOVED him! Seriously! I was a tad obsessed. :)

Amanda said...

I am glad to hear that I am not the only one who is a reality show junkie. I was sad when Chris was kicked off too. Can't wait to hear all about it!!!!

mbl said...

I'll be taking my sister and a few of her friends. Hope to see you there. Marla

Cindy Lofton said...

lindsey- jason & i are secret american idol watchers, but i guess it's not secret anymore.(we're also obsessed with the Amazing Race, which we want to be on someday) :-) that's really cool that chris will be there.i can't wait to hear how the conference goes! happy anniversary, as well! i remember that day 4 years ago so vividly- every time i hear jennifer knapp "say won't you say", i think of you guys. love you very much, friend.

obligato said...

ummmmm i am a major major major reality watcher and so is JOSH! LOVE U

Amanda said...

Happy early Anniversary!!

Jami said...

I wish we lived closer...it would be so great to come! I'm with you on meeting "Stars!"

demp5 said...

I gotta tell you that I am a little jealous. You are going to have an awesome weekend and get to meet Chris. Have a blast!!
Meghan

Anonymous said...

I never knew that your anniversary was on the 21st! So is ours! However, we have been married a tad bit longer than you...it will be 21 years on Thursday. God is good!

The Wilkens Family said...

Praise God for your news...DNA Authorization...YEAH!! I am a reality TV junkie too...and I LOVED Chris on American Idol too!