Wednesday, February 6, 2008

JUNK POSSE......THE BIG SURPRISE!!!!!



I AM SO, SO EXCITED TO FINALLY TELL Y'ALL ABOUT THE MOST AMAZING WOMAN.....Tracy from Junk Posse (the name of her incredible jewelry line)!!!! Tracy has the most amazing heart. In her own words.....here is why she does what she does:

"My name "Junk Posse" comes from the items I love to collect, create, and restore(the junk) and the amazing people, friends, and family who inspire me (my posse)-My husband, who always encourages me to be who I am and continue to learn what I love, my mom who is an artist and never said no when I wanted to sew, cook, or create something, and last but not least, the estyians, who on a daily basis blow me away with their talents."

About one month ago I found Tracy's Etsy site on another fellow blogger's site. I fell in love with her Heart for Africa necklace. She started creating necklaces to help raise money for her daughter and son-in-laws African adoption!! So, I called to see if she could create a Guatemalan necklace. NOT ONLY DID SHE SAY "YES", SHE TOLD ME SHE WANTED TO CREATE AN ENTIRE LINE OF GUATEMALAN GEMS.....AND IT WOULD BE A FUNDRAISER FOR CHRIS AND ME!!!!! WHAT???????? SHE IS AMAZING!!!!!! Literally, I was blown away. She told me that the Lord had put us on her heart.

So, without further ado (the descriptions are in her own words).....


I created this necklace in honor of all the Women that have Guatemalan Children in their Hearts. This fine silver pendant hangs uniquely From a Beautiful 18 inch Sterling Silver chain & clasp. I have added a cubic zirconia gem in the center of the Flower.



I created this Pendant from fine silver to support and celebrate Guatemalan children and the Families who Love them.
A simple Map of Guatemala sits upon spanish text that says
A Child is a special Blessing. I also added a small Heart!


This Pendant of fine silver I created to celebrate the Children of Guatemala and the People that Love them. A simple Map of Guatemala sits upon a detailed background of spanish text that says "A Child is a special Blessing"
The pendant has been hand finished with a patina to show the details.


This Unique Pendant I made by hand from fine silver with a special message "Expecting from Guatemala" is a Wonderful reminder of the Sweet Blessing to come.


This unique Pendant that says "My Guatemalan Girl" hangs from a dainty 20 inch sterling Silver ball chain. I added a small Girl Pendant that has a tiny Heart on her chest.


This unique Pendant that says "My Guatemalan Guy" hangs from a dainty 20 inch sterling Silver ball chain. I added a small Guy Pendant that has a tiny Heart on his chest.

PLEASE SPREAD THE WORD!!! FEEL FREE TO PUT A LINK ON YOUR SITE!!! She has amazing necklaces....Africa, China, Guatemala....and many others!!! Have fun shopping!!! They would make AMAZING VALENTINE'S PRESENTS!!!!! That is definitely what I want for Valentine's!!!

I love you all.....I can't wait to see what you think!

Lindsey

Check out her site at:
Junk Posse

P.S. SHE KEEPS MAKING MORE......CHECK OUT ALL OF HER NEW PRODUCTS!!! Here is another saying on a new gem of a necklace:
"Iria hasta los extremos de la Tierra por ti."- I would go to the ends of the earth for you

27 comments:

kristin said...

wow! that's awesome. i love the junk posse jewelry!

Kristy said...

I LOVE IT!!!!!!!! I will definitely be getting me some!! And, I'll post her link. :)

Valerie said...

Okay, time for me to "de-lurk". I can't even remember how I stumbled onto your blog, but I have been reading for a while and praying for you guys even though you didn't know it. And actually, I went to OBU with Chris -- I think I graduated a few years ahead of him probably, and I don't think we really knew each other, but just in case, it's Valerie (Norman), and I was the little blonde piano player (for OBU Chorale and a lot of stuff on campus), which is how most people might have known me. Anyway, long story short, I have a beautiful son, Henry, who came home in March 2006 from Guatemala after a crazy-long and difficult process, so I definitely know where you are coming from. Tonight, I read your blog entry, checked out the etsy store, and HELLO! She created just what I've been wanting since Henry came home, so I bought myself an early V-Day gift from my hubby and Henry (haha), perfect timing also since the first day I physically met Henry was the day before V-Day in 2006, so it's our little anniversary as well. Anyway, I bought the awesome "I would go to the ends of the earth for you" pendant in Spanish and hopefully Tracy is going to put Henry's name on the back.

Sorry for such a long comment, but I figured you might get a kick out of it anyways. Email me and I will send you pics of my adorable little faux-hawk sportin' man, Henry...:)

Bekah said...

WOW! Those are INCREDIBLE! And how amazing of her to support you guys with some of the sales...that's really awesome. I usually just get a card for Valentine's Day but Drew's a softy so I'm sure it won't take much hinting to get a necklace this year. :)

Christina said...

I love them. Neat gifts for me and his big sisters.

Jess said...

This is SO incredible!!

When we got Jadon's referral a friend of mine gave me a small pendant that said "baby" and I wore it to feel like I was expecting. Then later, my mom bought me a locket with Jadon's picture in it. I wore the locket everyday until Jadon came home!!

This is a FANTASTIC idea for anyone expecting from Guatemala! Or anyone with Guatemala on their hearts!

emily said...

I saw those on her site the other day! I love them. I wear my Africa necklace everyday and it makes me feel close to my babies:)

I love Tracy. We have spoken several times on the phone and each time she has blessed me. I am so thankful that the Lord led her to help you and Chris.

Anonymous said...

cool, creative idea!

Lainie said...

Beautiful! Gives me goosebumps!

Bill and Melodie said...

I am so getting one of these!!!

Becca said...

Awesome! Thanks for spreading the word!

Peace and Hugs,
Becca

B said...

I don't know if I've de-lurked or not... but anyway, hi!! I love your site, your faith... it all inspires me. And thank you so much for pointing us to junk posse, and for inspiring her to make some fab jewelry for us Guatemalan parents-to-be!!! Off to order some...
Cheers,
Beth
http://bbmusings.blogspot.com/

Tracy said...

Love the jewelry! Tracy has an awesome name too, so of course she's cool!

Also, YOU'VE BEEN TAGGED LINDSEY, visit my blog to find out how to play.

Suzanne said...

The jewlery is awesome. I couldn't resist so I bought a pendent that says "I will go to the ends of the earth for you" in spanish of course. I wanted to buy it all. Thank you. I hope all is well with you both. My thoughts and prayers are always with you

Suzanne

The Heinrichs said...

Oh my I love these!!! And Etsy has become like family...I have ordered sooo much stuff for our little Guatemalan Diva in the past few weeks thanks to another Guatmomma that introduced me!

I will be posting links to both of your fundraisers!

And we are just going to miss you in Guatemala :-( We are going to be there March 21-25...we need to try and coordinate this better next time!

Hugs~Deanna

Nikki said...

Wow- those are stunning! I love the Africa ones too- I have been admiring them for awhile. I think I may have to get in touch with her about custom making me a Dominian necklace!!

Nikki

Nikki said...

Just thought I would let you know I am getting one! Thanks for posting about this- they are BEAUTIFUL. I am getting the one you mentioned at the end of the post- I will go to the ends of the earth for you with the world map in the middle. Gorgeous. I will cherish it.

Nikki

Rachel said...

AWESOME!!! Thanks so much Lindsey! Also...can I attach your shop element to my blogpage?

Debbie said...

My son and daughter in law live in Franklin!!! I will be looking at the jewelry and deciding what I want. Thank you for telling me!

Debbie

Steph said...

Oh wow!! They are beautiful and what an incredible gift for your family!!!

Tracey said...

Lindsey, I saw them, they are awesome. I put the linkonmy sight in yesterday's post. I think I am getting one for myself for my b-day:) And my sister goes to Uganda in the summer with Invisible Children so I think I might get her the Africa one.

Jen said...

God continues to bless the lives of His children, all of us. We have you on our prayer list now. The jewelry is terrific! May your lives be full of more blessings as you wait to bring your child home forever.

The Wilkens Family said...

Mucho Cuteness! Can't wait to check her site out! Happy 7 months to your little girl, our little guy turned 7 months this week too!

Jenn said...

These are so cute! I know someone who has the Africa one. What a great blessing for you guys!

Terry said...

LOVE IT! I had seen her Africa products before and hoped she would eventually start a Guatemala line. How great that the line has been started and will profits will help bring your daughter home.

I'll be ordering in the next couple of weeks and am so excited about it!

Terry

Jami said...

WOW!! That is incredible!! God is really working!!

He's got big plans! :)

~Laura~ said...

I love THEM! Tracy made me a beautiful Africa necklace and I adore it!