Sunday, May 18, 2008

Our Time In The Springs


Can you even fathom a more perfect backdrop for a wedding? That's right. Our friends were married outdoors right at this spot on a cliff and this was the view behind them...Pike's Peak in the back with Garden of the God's in front! Wow- it honestly made you feel little and reminded you of God's greatness.


Look how cute we are! My baby was the best Brides Made there...sorry ladies but I know what I'm talking about on this one!


Ok, classic story... Our first night in town, we were supposed to attend a Cookout with the whole bridal party. We got pretty vague directions and began driving about this very nice neighborhood trying to find the house. Lindsey called the family hosting the cookout and they told us it's the house with all the cars. We pulled up to this house and the sign on the door said "Come On In." So we did. We walked into this house and though there were tons of cars outside, no one was on the first floor. We proceeded downstairs where we heard all the people. Downstairs we found over 50 people enjoying a very nice cookout. We didn't see anyone we knew right off so I told Lindsey to just "keep moving." We mingled through to the other end of the house and realized we now had to turn back. It was then that I began to notice that the majority of the people at this party were High School girls and parents. I then noticed that the table cloth was all tennis balls and that there were tons of tennis racket bags in the corner piled up. Then the hostess of the party walks up to us. Lindsey asked if this was a cookout for the wedding. The lady had no idea what we were talking about! I told the lady "I think one of my wife's worst nightmares just happened." The lady was so sweet, she offered us some food. I told her we really did have a party to get to but that if the food there was lame we'd be back. She walked us back up to the front door and once outside Lindsey and I busted out laughing! Once we arrived to the real wedding cookout word spread fast about the couple from Nashville who went into the tennis party instead! It made for a nice conversation starter when meeting the rest of the bridal party!


This is "Balancing Rock" in the Garden of the Gods! Again, how cool is God! He made this huge rock balance perfectly on a little spot, just cause he can!


Cool hugh!?! I found this in Manitou Springs, CO!


While in Colorado Springs Lindsey and I got to make a return visit to Focus on the Family Institute! Lindsey and I both attended The Institute but it was before we met and during different semesters! This place was a major marker in both of our lives spiritually, so it was fun to finally get to go back together!

Over all the wedding and the trip to Colorado was great! We were so honored to get to be a part of Hunter and Meridith's weekend!

In Guatemala News...
Please keep praying earnestly for a break through in Guat. What they are making these precious birth mothers go through is totally incomprehensible to me. It's just wrong. Can you imagine making the most difficult choice of your life...to give your baby up for adoption, and then be brought back in and told you are less than a dog for doing that and that you should take your baby back? Pray that all of this harassment stops, that PGN opens again, and that we get to bring Eliana home!

Thanks for being such a great community!
Grace and Peace
-Chris

30 comments:

Katie said...

That story is amazing. I'm laughing and will be laughing more tomorrow. Lindsay, you look great!!

Rachel said...

What fun! Praying for the situation in Guatemala...

Anonymous said...

This weekend was UNREAL!!!!!!!
I miss you already.
- Erika W

Jami said...

that is so funny! :)

veggiemom said...

I promise I'm not laughing at you...just in your general direction.;0)

Continuing to wish for the best for everyone currently in process in Guatemala - aps, children, and birth moms.

Kerri and Ruby

Sweet To Our Seoul said...

Soooo funny!!! That's sounds just like something that would happen to me!!:)

The pictures are amazing!!
Praying for your sweet girl!!

:)April

Lisa Johnson said...

Thank you so much for that great story! I woke up, it's Monday morning, and I am laughing!! Not the usual around here. :)

I am continuing to pray for Guatemala and for your sweet baby girl.

Madelyn's Mommy said...

That is the funniest story!!!

I am earnestly praying for the situation in Guatemala.


Andrea

Anonymous said...

glad you had a good trip.
I've been to Gard of Gods and pretty sure I stood in that same spot at the visitor's center where they got married. been to dr dobson's place too. hmmm small world.

kristin said...

hilarious! what a nightmare! jeff and i did the same thing once, but it was a small get together on christmas eve!!! we knew there were some relatives we didn't know, but we couldn't recognize a single one! gah!

and lindsey! you look great!!

you are in our prayers...

Kim & Dave said...

Love the pics of your time here!


Continuing to storm heaven's gates!!!

The situation in Guatemala right now just breaks my heart. :-(

Mary Helen Wheeler said...

What a wonderful trip! It was so good to see you two in that beautiful setting! What a fun story
about the cookout!

We are praying in faith for God's grace and mercy to overrule the harshness for these beleagured birth mothers!

Love, Momma Wheeler

The Milner Family said...

Thanks for the pictures of Colorado. My husband and I are from that area and we love to see pictures. We spent many family vacations in CO Springs. My husbands parents still live there so we get to visit-just not very often. We were able to go last June to celebrate our first gotta day/family day. I miss seeing the snow capped mountains.

Still praying for your precious little jewel.

Pineapple Princess said...

Oh my gosh! You guys are so funny! So glad you had a great time, though!

Still praying for God's grace and mercy over your adoption. He is faithful!

Love,
Stacy

Debbie said...

What a funny story!!! Glad you found the real party!!
I love Focus on the Family too!!

I too am praying for Guatemala and your situation there, and China and Ethiopia!!!!

Debbie

Jess said...

Okay, so wierd. Your's and Josh's parents go to the same church, your church is 1/2 mile from his brothers and this weekend you were 1/2 mile from his sister.

Glad you guys had a great weekend in the midst of all the stress.

I am on my knees for the birth mothers.

Amanda said...

I am glad that you guys had such a wonderful trip. God is so good and it is awesome to see that He cares enough about us to bring about something to make you guys laugh in such a stressful time.
Hope to talk to you soon and maybe even see you soon.
I am praying for you both, Eliana, Xio and all the other sweet babies and birth mothers.
Love you!!!

Amanda said...

Forgot to tell you....Russ and his band are going to be playing in Nashville next week!!! I think on the 29th. Check out www.fundamentalelements.net - all the info is on their webpage.

Anonymous said...

Praying for you as you go through this difficult situation and that God woudl intervene in Guatemala.

Bobbi said...

Sounds like a great escape weekend with lots of fun stories!!

Praying for good news out of Guat soon

Amanda said...

I automatically think that Lindsey is the author of all of your blog entries until I get to the bottom and then i go back and read it all again as "you", so when I read what I thought meant that 'you' (Chris) were the best bridesmaid there... I must have made the strangest face ever. I've seen it before, but.. you know.. whatever, I just don't think sometimes.

Such a funny story too!!

Darcy said...

Praying for Guatemala. . . it is un-imaginable what is happening.
Love the party story!

Gwen Oatsvall said...

ok, that is hilarious ... i would have grab a bite or two ... lol ... praying here for the birth mothers ... keep us posted ...

The Heinrichs said...

haha I was thinking the same thing as Amanda...Chris a bridesmaid??? Lindsay you look awesome! And did you read guatadopt? Appears that some of the news about bm being offered money was truly a rumor!!! I have a good feeling...
Love, Deanna

Andrea said...

Oh my gosh, that story is TOO funny. No worries-that is my worst nightmare, too! Those pictures make me SO homesick. I am from Denver, and will be heading there next weekend. I LOVE LOVE LOVE Garden of the Gods. Absolutely reminds you of God's greatness. I love the Springs!

I will definitely keep Guatemala in my prayers. It's just so hard on everyone. God WILL prevail.

A Team said...

You guys look AMAZING!!!!

Will be praying for guat.

Tracie in TN

Amy said...

Oh my, I'm laughing and crying for you! :) What a wonderful story to share for years to come!

Praying for all the little ones in Guatemala.

Emily T said...

I'm so sad I missed you in the Denver airport. I think I was in line and on the phone. Daniel was really glad that you were able to hang out on the plane from Nashville! Awesome pics and still praying.

Kristin said...

What a great trip it must have been!! SAVOR each of those trips and getaways together...(amidst the chaos of the adoption world) this is a sweet, special time in your marriage. God is blessing you richly.

Many, many blessings!
Kristin

Beth said...

How was the Focus on the Family Institute? Just wondering, becuase I'm a high school senior and looking into attending. By the way, your story touches me deeply, as I already feel called to adopt in the future. I hope and pray that Eliana and Lindsay will be home soon, safe and sound!

In Him,
Beth